What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this for real ?????

christhurston

Premium Member
Hello All,Seeing a small round being offered by a guy just up the coast from me,I emailed him and asked quite what he wanted for it.I don't like making offers,as he had requested,if it turns out that unbeknown to you the item is worth far more than you thought,and much higher offers are made,you can wind up seeming like a cheapskate,intent on some sort of ripoff.However,I digress,this guy,up the coast,he still wants an offer,but in the process informed me,that his late father,an ordnance inspector for the
MOD,had left him over 3,500 ordnance items (Yes!!that's what I thought!!)
and he doesn't know anything about any of it!!!!!

I bet any stick grenades are all replica's,, best let me take a looksie at them :) Best Regards,Nick

A small investigation will be under way shortly,I expect,in which a pauper
like me will not be participating,I'm afraid.This could well be the real McCoy
and a real bonanza awaiting those first on the scene,I await developments
with interest,although I may never hear the outcome.There will just be
lorryloads of gear trundling down the East Anglian byways bound for parts unknown.

It would really be nice for the sake of members if all items could be photographed and special attention paid to the rearer items in each club grouping - just a thought. Cheers, Ron.B