What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It does not get better than this

Shell Shifter

Justs-l1600 (15).jpg

got this wonderous thing. A cigar cutter for you philistines.

Seems to be a 37mm shell. No marks at all. Cutter is spring loaded.

I don't smoke but this just struck me as simply cool. The cigar end falls into the little drawer, below.

Very cool!
It reminds me of the movie Mission Impossible 2 that I was just rewatching yesterday .

-O.

JustView attachment 192989

got this wonderous thing. A cigar cutter for you philistines.

Seems to be a 37mm shell. No marks at all. Cutter is spring loaded.

I don't smoke but this just struck me as simply cool. The cigar end falls into the little drawer, below.

Sum Ya’LL Catadors may want a lamp beside your Throne of Weapons While puffing that guillotined Nic Bomb!?!?!20240120_112805.jpg

Last edited:
These cigar cutters are shown in the 1911 ALFA and 1927 Bannerman catalogues.
This page is from Bannerman.

Attachments

• Cigar Cutters.jpeg
    Cigar Cutters.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 20
These cigar cutters are shown in the 1911 ALFA and 1927 Bannerman catalogues.
This page is from Bannerman.
Projectile Ornaments, Cigar cutter, Desk weights, etc.
1276a. 1 Pounder Steel Pro- jectile, highly polished, mounted on marble stand, for use as deak weight, length, 44 inches; width, 8 inches; height. Price, $3.00.
No. 1276
No. 1279
No. 1898
No. 1998. U. S. N. Cigar Cutter, neatly gotten up, 7 inch base re- sembles life buoy, painted red, engraved U. 1. S. N.1 N. 1898, with imitation coil of rope, propeller wheel on stand, surmounted with polished steel shell with copper bands, fitted with cigar cutter. Neat, showy useful novelty for cigar store, Price, $4.85
No. 1279. Polished Steel 1 Pounder Projectile Lamp. Brass bushing, which screws into fuse hole, fitted with wick, whereby the projectile can be filled with oil and used as lamp. Brass top, which can be screwed on, when not in use, making it look like a real pro- jectile. Price, $3.00.
No. 1275.
No. 1275a. Polished steel 1 pounder shell, with two copper bands fitted as cigar cutter, for cutting off the ends of eigara. Mounted on polished copper ash tray, with holder for box of matches; diameter 5 inches, height of projectile and tray 5% inchen, Price, $3,50,
No, 1278
No. 1278. Polished Steel Projectile Cigar Cutter, fitted on polished brana, shell cartridge caso 104 inches diameter, length 734. Placing end of cigar in tapered hole of projectile and pressing down the spring cuts off the end off cigar. Price, $3.00.
No, 1277
No. 1277, A polished steel 1 pounder shell aro jectile, fitted with cigar eutter, mounted on polished copper base, resembles "Light House," diameter 2 inches; height, 7 inches. Price, $5.80.