What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian 12.7 x 81SR.

christhurston

Premium Member
Hello All,
I've seen a cartridge recently,and I'm not at sure if it would make a suitable addition to my collection.It is an Italian 12.7 x 81SR used apparently in their Breda-SAFAT and Scotti aircraft guns during WWII.In Tony Williams' excellent website article on the.5 Vickers gun and it's ammunition,a similar cartridge is depicted,in fact,it's identical,same date and h/stamp BPD 40 S. It is in pristine condition with an unstruck primer,someone has put a "rattler" in the case,but my main concern would be,what attention,if any,the projectile had received.Am I being unduly cautious about a round that might perhaps be quite unusual?
Regards Chris.

I'll send you the link to some interesting breda stuff.
Regards, DJH

Last edited:
Many thanks,DJH,having had a look at the excellent website you've suggested,I should perhaps add that the round I've been looking at has an HE projectile,which is what I'm a little concerned about.
Regards Chris.