What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian Grenade, but what?

Grenademan2005

Hey guys:
This is for the forum Italian members: look pics and tell me what grenade is, please. The ignition system is very similar to the Otto one, even has the lead ball. Inside the striker is blocked like the SCRM. It was found in a collection from a Spanish Armourer with other Civil War grenades, Bredas, Ottos and SCRMs. Inside the grenade there is a wood block.
Of course, if you are not Italian, but can ID this grenade feel free on write some words, please. :tinysmile_shy_t:

Attachments

• ID 1.jpg
    ID 1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 78
  • ID 2.jpg
    ID 2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 61
  • ID 3.jpg
    ID 3.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 58
  • ID 4.jpg
    ID 4.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 64
I'm italian, but I've never seen it before. I think it is some post war prototipe to make safer the oto grenades. But is it Italian or Spanish?? The spanish, in the civil war, have produced something similar : the grenade I.M. a Oto 35 with a botton safe to use the grenade also in the closer combat.

Last edited:
Hi Francesco:
Nice to talk with you again.
Spanish army never made Italian grenades. This one came in a collection where ALL the grenades were from Spanish Civil War. I bought from that collection one mint practice SCRM with the original paper, one combat SCRM without the markings on the aluminium level, one Otto large practice, one complet Breda and one complet Otto short.
When I say complet I mean even with the explosive containers. I post a pic. The collector were an old Army Officer who worked in the Spanish Army Recuperation Service after the war. So, it is imposible that this green one could be a post WWII grenade.

Attachments

• BOCN GR Italian.jpg
    BOCN GR Italian.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 70