What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian mina antiuomo 'v'

pzgr40

Premium Member
Cutaway model the Italian mina antiuomo 'v'. This mine is the simplified post war version of the Italian WW2 V1 mine.
The mine body is made of cast iron. The stick is fixed to the mine body by means of a nail through the lower body, closed off with a small weld on both ends of the nail.
A brass cap is screwed on top of the mine, to which the cast zinc alloy pull fuze is screwed. Near the top of the fuze a flange is placed that allows the wire spool to be stored with the mine.
The fuze is activated with a 2-3 kg pull on the wire, exploding the mine.

Length of complete mine (including fuze body) : 460 mm
Length mine body : 140 mm
Diameter of mine body : 43 mm
Length of wooden stick : 295 mm
Diameter of wooden stick : 39 mm
Weight complete mine : 1 kg
Weight of explosive charge : 0,1 kg

More info about this mine can be found here: http://www.talpo.it/quadro-generale.html

Regards DJH

Attachments

• 01 - italian mina antiuomo 'v' cutaway.JPG
    01 - italian mina antiuomo 'v' cutaway.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 02 - italian mina antiuomo 'v' backside.JPG
    02 - italian mina antiuomo 'v' backside.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 03 - italian mina antiuomo 'v' with wirespool.JPG
    03 - italian mina antiuomo 'v' with wirespool.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 04 - italian mina antiuomo 'v' details mine body details.JPG
    04 - italian mina antiuomo 'v' details mine body details.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 60
Similar to the Italian picket mine that has a sliding tray that hold the det. Never seen a picket mine in any collection or for sale but in plenty of books, must be a rare item. My favourite Italian mine is the B4 which I have two off. Such a complicated mine to manufacture for such a small charge.

Similar to the Italian picket mine that has a sliding tray that hold the det. Never seen a picket mine in any collection or for sale but in plenty of books, must be a rare item. My favourite Italian mine is the B4 which I have two off. Such a complicated mine to manufacture for such a small charge.

This V type is not very rare. Go to Egun and place the text "Italenische Anti-Personen" in the search function. The seller seems to have plenty of them, and he ships worldwide. There's only one thing: For legal reasons a part is cut out. This means you'll have to finish it as a cutaway model yourself
Regards, DJH

Last edited:
Has anyone here or know have a picket mine with sliding tray. It seems it's part of the league of obsolete ordnance in collections that was one a common item like WP 2" mortar rounds.