What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italien AP mine. Not know model!!!

tube8

Ital (1).jpgItal (5).jpgItalAPOliv (1).jpgItalAPOliv (2).jpgI got two of this mines.

They are Italan.

But which model?
VAR/40, VAR/100 and VAR/100/SP ??Ital (4).jpg
pencil.png

I see jvollenberg beat me to the punch. It appears that you have the Italian AP VS-MK2 Practice Mine. The following information is from Ordata Online.

The mine and shipping cover will normally be olive drag, but may be produced in other colors to suit local conditions. Special infrared reflective paints are also available. Two yellow dots may be affixed 180 degrees apart on the fuze housing retainer. The detonator cover when installed may be blue. The VS-Mk 2 practice mine is painted identical to the explosive mine except it has two blue dots affixed 180 degrees apart on the fuze housing retainer.

Diameter 90mm
Height 33mm

These photos and diagram are also from Ordata Online.
VS Mk 2 diagram.jpgVS Mk 2.jpgVS Mk 2 bottom.jpg

These are the VAR-40, VAR-100 and VAR-100SP, which as you can see have quite a different body style.
VAR40.jpgVAR100SP.jpgVAR100.jpg
pencil.png

Hi,

I fully confirm what correctly jvollenberg and ammocat said, but I noticed that the specimen in the images 1, 2 and 5 has a transparent body.
It should be the training version to show the functioning of internal mechanisms in classroom, very nice and uncommon (almost rare).

Regards
stecol

Yes, and the word INERTE is stenciled two times. I have never seen one of these Italian or Spanish, (Spain used a lot of Italian mines), in transparent plastic.

Here are more photos of the VS-MK2

Attachments

• Picture_37.jpg
    Picture_37.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture_32.jpg
    Picture_32.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Picture_30.jpg
    Picture_30.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture_29.jpg