What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese 40mm aircraft projectile

earni74

Premium Member
I,m very lucky to get this Japanese 40mm projectile and with original paint, now to look for the fuze ;)

Attachments

• 20230312_102233.jpg
    20230312_102233.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 64
  • 20230312_102244.jpg
    20230312_102244.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
  • 20230312_113913.jpg
    20230312_113913.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
I,m very lucky to get this Japanese 40mm projectile and with original paint, now to look for the fuze ;)

Totally awesome!
I wished I had a specimen like that with original paint and all!
About the fuze: it will be VERY hard to find a spare one as it’s unique to that calibre alone and the 40mm ammo was used in only a relatively small quantity.
I do have a replica fuze which I may need later for my relic specimen of it (if I decide to restore it, which is doubtful as it’s in very poor condition). My other specimen is likely to be a TP version. It has an (original) dummy fuze, and that round has two sections cut out of it.
If you need dimensions of the replica you can let me know.
Also, should you ever want to trade or sell this round, I’d be very interested.

-O.

Hello Guys, thanks for your comments, i appreciate the fuze for my 40mm will be a challenge to get,but i always "never say never" in this collecting game, one day maybe,just maybe
Mick

...and if it doesn't, you're still good, as your's is equipped with the original bakelite transit plug, so as it is, it is a great piece too!

-O.

Totally awesome!
I wished I had a specimen like that with original paint and all!
About the fuze: it will be VERY hard to find a spare one as it’s unique to that calibre alone and the 40mm ammo was used in only a relatively small quantity.
I do have a replica fuze which I may need later for my relic specimen of it (if I decide to restore it, which is doubtful as it’s in very poor condition). My other specimen is likely to be a TP version. It has an (original) dummy fuze, and that round has two sections cut out of it.
If you need dimensions of the replica you can let me know.
Also, should you ever want to trade or sell this round, I’d be very interested.

-O.
Hi ogreve, i would like the dimensions of the fuze if possible as i hope to have a 3D print of it,many thanks,Mick