What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese f headstamp

G'day Slick Rick,:tinysmile_shy_t:
I like your words of wisdom. What do you think, should we have a co-ordinator, a central contact person who keeps tabs on those of us who have shown an interest etc. and keeps us informed on progress. We now have 5 of us. I reckon give it a week or so more and there will be a few more as not everyone logs on daily, some maybe weekly.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE:tinysmile_shy_t:

B'ville, Investment & Ogreve-o

Excellent idea. The "connection" should help alot. As for waiting on others, me thinks we (the 4 of us) are probably IT. The more the merrier, but all I hear is crickets chirping from the masses of contributors here :tinysmile_cry_t4:.
With that said, we may need to move this discussion on to private messages and/or emails to avoid abusing the rules here on BOCN and just post highlights of it all when it appears something might interest the others.

Rick

Japanese Ammunition Leaflets

Thanks, I will post a few more reports when I can. The more usually found Japanese Ammunition 'Leaflets' that Kirkee produced are slightly different format and (often poorly) produced on pink paper. I dont have digitised versions of these I'm afraid although I guess I could scan a few in over time.

For the record there were three document sets for IOOs in SEAC:

Japanese Ammunition Leaflets issued by Director Ordnance Services 11 Army Group in 1944 (Foolscap 13 x 8 inches)

Japanese Ammunition Leaflets 1945 superseding the above (9 x 7 inches Pink Paper)

Japanese Ammunition Chief Inspector Ammunition Technical Reports (Foolscap)

If the moderator is happy for me to post an index of the leaflets and reports I will do so.

Hey Bonnex,:tinysmile_shy_t:
That sounds great info. I will check it out. I am very keen on obtaining the full set of or professionly done copies of the Kirkee ammunition leaflets on Japanese ammunition as they are the BEST. More thorough than anything else that I have ever seen. When the British do something they do it well, rather Teutonic.

[...]

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE:tinysmile_shy_t:

Hello Spotter and Jay,
As moderators for this thread, can Bonnex have your permission to post an index of the leaflets and reports to share with us interested members ?
Cheers,
Invest

Last edited:
Hi,
If everyone agrees, I am happy to be the co-ordinator and keep everyone in the know. I have sent an email to my contact in the AWM asking who best to talk to about the AJRP files. I will let each of you know what I find out by sending a PM. Great to see there are now 5 of us . . . any more :tinysmile_fatgrin_t
Cheers,
Invest

Hello Spotter and Jay,
As moderators for this thread, can Bonnex have your permission to post an index of the leaflets and reports to share with us interested members ?
Cheers,
Invest

Go ahead folks im not into Japanese stuff but i know a lot of you are and how difficult it is finding anything on Japanese stuff,let me know when youve sorted something and i will personally put a tenner towards it for you.
regards spotter

Hi there everyone,

My vote is for Investment. Many thanks for putting your hand up.

My appreciation in advance,

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

Hi Everyone,
I now have a direct contact for the AJRP at the AWM.
Could those in our group have a look at the AJRP site, which was provide by Bougainville ( http://ajrp.awm.gov.au ) in this forum and kindly send me a list via PM of what copies your interested in getting.
I will then PM everyone with a completed list of our interests.
Cheers,
Invest
:deal:

Last edited:
Great doc's guys :tinysmile_fatgrin_t personally i want to put up something towards it in getting more doc's
PM me Invest for details.

Thanks

Last edited: