What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese mortar fuze

Burney Davis

Premium Member
Can anyone post a picture of the fuze that was used with the Japanese 90 mm type 99 mortar and advise it's designation please? I'm not up to speed on Jap ammo, and this is an enquiry for friend, but I can't find the answer in the info I have.

Thanks

D

The type 99 was an 81mm round
If you e-mail me
I have a file that covers Japanese mortars
Regards
Ordman

Hi,

Are you sure that there was a Type 99?

My material shows that there was a Type 97 & Type 100 81mm Mortar each fuzed respectively with the Type 93 Instantanious Short Delay Mortar Fuze & the Type 100 Instantanious Short Delay Mortar Fuze.

There were also various 81mm Parachute Mortars.

In the 90mm selection of mortars there was the Type 94. All were fuzed with the Type 93 Instantanious Short Delay Mortar Fuze.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

Are you sure that there was a Type 99?

No, I'm not sure B, I think he has got his numbers crossed. I am familiar with the Type 93 fuze, but have you got a picture of the Type 100?

Thanks

D

D
go to the download section under mortars
Bougainville has the the same file I just down loaded to it
1945 Japanese mortars and dischargers there

Picture of Type 93 fuze and can

Hello. Here is a picture of a Type 93 fuze with the shipping can. I "borrowed" these pictures from an online auction years ago. To my knowledge the Type 93 fuze was used on the Type 97 81mm mortar shell and the Type 94 90mm mortar rounds. I think the Type 93 fuze was also used on a Type 11 70mm mortar shell.

Jim
JapaneseOrdnance(at)yahoo.com

Link to Japanese Ordnance Page: http://www.castle-thunder.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=976

Attachments

• JapType93Fuze can2.jpg
    JapType93Fuze can2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Hi Jim,

I hope you "bought" the fuse as well?
Its a beauty!
I have never seen the shipping can before! Thanks for sharing

Cheers
Drew

Drew, Unfortunately I do not own this fuze and can. I don't know who does, I would give the owner credit. I'm in the habit of saving pictures from ordnance auctions for reference purposes. I have several Type 93 fuzes but they are attached to mortar shells. I don't have any spares. The type 93 fuze is scarce.

Jim
JapaneseOrdnance(at)yahoo.com

Link: http://www.castle-thunder.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=976