What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese mortars & grenade discharges high quality pdf

BOUGAINVILLE

Hi all,

I have just produced a high quality pdf file of Special Series 30 Japanese Mortars & Grenade Discharges. The photos are clear not blurry black spaces as in the PDF file of the same document that is doing the rounds. I think that you will like this one. At the same time have a look at some of the other pdf files that I have also just uploaded dealing with Bomb Disposal and also Japanese artillery shell identification.

[ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/37767335/Special-Series-No-30-Japanese-Mortars-Grenade-Dischargers"]Special Series No. 30 Japanese Mortars & Grenade Dischargers[/ame]

Happy downloading,

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE​

BOUGAINVILLE,

Thanks for the high quality scans! Hey, what type of hardware and software are you using to make your Pdf files? I need to get set up to copy some Ordnance related material from a number of books myself, and I'm shopping for a high quality and easy method.

John

Hi John,

I'm just using the basics such as a CanoScan N640P ex Scanner. The PDF converter I'm using is "PDF Create! Assistant" from Nuance. Here is a link about it;

http://community.nuance.com/wikis/pdf6/about-the-pdf-create-assistant.aspx

I always use the "Publishing Quality" option.

I'm also very fussy when it comes down to doing the scanning and always make sure that the page is squarely seated on the scanner and I always use a slight hand pressure on the scanner lid to keep the pages lying flat.

A trick of mine is when warranted I place a pencil along the top or the side of the spine so that with a slight hand pressure on the scanner lid it keeps the edges of the page, closer to the spin, in a flatter position while scanning.

I will also place flat objects such as another book on top of the pages on the lower side of an opened book to even out the pressure on both side of the book.

These tricks help maintain flat even quality scans.

Hope this is of help,
Cheers,
Robert

BOUGAINVILLE,

Thanks for the high quality scans! Hey, what type of hardware and software are you using to make your Pdf files? I need to get set up to copy some Ordnance related material from a number of books myself, and I'm shopping for a high quality and easy method.

John

Robert,

Thanks for the information. What type of file does your scanner produce when you do the scan, that you later merge into the Pdf?

Robert,

Thanks for the information. What type of file does your scanner produce when you do the scan, that you later merge into the Pdf?

Hi John,
I create JPEG files while scanning. I also set the scanning "input" & "output" levels at 300dpi.

I also scan Black and White pages and photos in the Grey Scale setting and switch to Colour Document setting when I am scanning a coloured page, for example the cover.

Cheers,
Robert

Last edited:
Damn.. I hate facebook... wont let me log on now unless I add a cellular phone number..... If you dont have a cellular phone or dont want ppl to have that info.... WOW... what do you do.... :tinysmile_angry2_t: