What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese Torpedo Gyroscope ID?

Another gyro acquired and with that more Gyro ID help needed.

Does anyone know if this Japanese gyroscope is for a Type 93 or is it for a different type?

Any picture I find of the type 93 gyroscope seem to just show 2 inlet air value version near the fire wheel. While mine has 4 and a different arrangement on the top along with the copper tubes.

Is it just a different Mk of the type 93 gyro? Any help would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_3126.JPG
    IMG_3126.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3127.JPG
    IMG_3127.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3128.JPG
    IMG_3128.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3130.JPG
    IMG_3130.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3125.jpg
    IMG_3125.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Yes, it definitely appears to be a variation of the Type 93, but as you have stated not the standard Type 93 Model 1 Mod 2.
There is listed a Type 93 Model 3, but I'm unable to locate a diagram nor photo at this stage.
I gather that it didn't come with the original transit box - as the box kanji normally fully describes the contents.
Cheers
Drew

Sadly there was no box when I got it, just the original wood base and mounting bracket. However they lack any markings unfortunately.