What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

japanese training set

blu97

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Ordnance approved
Here a pic of an American made training set of japanese mines, demolition charges etc.

Attachments

• DSCN0124.jpg
    DSCN0124.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 90
Very nice set. It would be great to have a copy of the Japanese information to the left of the lid of the box.

That must be quite a rare box to obtain. Especially fully complete! Very nice:tinysmile_shy_t:

No they are all replicas and some are quit good.
I will make a pic of the label and post it later.

Japanese mine training set

Hi there mates, :tinysmile_shy_t:
I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could get hold of a training set. There must be a few around as I know of one person that just acquired one recently.

If any of you are interested in a Type 93 mine search Japanese tool box on Feebay as from time to time they are listed as such by an ebay member for about USD$150. He sends them in two seperate parcels and does it in away that everything arrives safely.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE :tinysmile_shy_t:

A word of caution, if you are referring to the gentleman from the east, this seller is reliable and seems to be a pretty good guy (I've dealt with him and had good deliveries) but he has no technical experience. These items are typically recovered by farmers, and are sold to middlemen, emptied by someone along the way. I've looked at a number of pieces that were received by happy buyers, only to see that they contained live components or could not be fully dismantled to confirm that they were inert. This was particularly true of the fuze for the Type 93 mine, several of which were shipped live.

I'm not saying don't buy from this guy(I'm pretty sure we are talking about the same gentlman), he has always proven to be reliable and has found some interesting pieces that cannot be found elsewhere. But let the buyer beware - request photos that the items have been broken down completely - and know the breakdown of what you are buying. An accident or shipping mishap hurts all of us.

Hi there mates, :tinysmile_shy_t:
I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could get hold of a training set. There must be a few around as I know of one person that just acquired one recently.

If any of you are interested in a Type 93 mine search Japanese tool box on Feebay as from time to time they are listed as such by an ebay member for about USD$150. He sends them in two seperate parcels and does it in away that everything arrives safely.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE :tinysmile_shy_t:
These training sets were sold, by Sarco, or IMA, or someone, back in the '80s. They are around. Somewhere.