What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JATO, from the inside, on a C130

Slick

Have handled empty JATO bottles. Only ever saw them LIVE once. On Fat Albert. At an airshow in Pensacola. Apparently will no longer be used as part of the display. Not enough left in the inventory.

As for this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=309&v=w0Io07EAX1s

Lots of interior shots of the C130. The "main" dude in the video gets a bit carried away(Sailors, I swear), but I'd probably act a lot like that if I'd had that opportunity. They light off at about the 4:30 mark. There are a couple of exterior shots of the bottles early on.

* * * Sorry about the start, just slide it back * * *

Last edited:
As I recall, the first Darwin Awards winner that I ever saw, strapped one of these onto his car on a straight stretch of road in USA, set it off, the tyres promptly burst and melted, he left the road and after about 3 miles in flight and hit a cliff face about 300 feet up. He was only identifiable by his teeth embedded in the steering wheel.