What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just another SCUD in the Neighborhood

ordnance

Premium Member
So I stopped by a friend's house this afternoon to see what was new. Not much, just a SCUD missile and tracked launch vehicle in the driveway. OK, I will admit I haven't seen another one here in NW Oregon. Very cool indeed.

He is helping to refurbish it for a museum and could use some help getting the V-12 engine running as well as getting some basic info on other operating systems of the vehicle. Does anybody in the group have any manuals that might help? Thanks.

RickPICT01171.JPGPICT01161.JPGPICT0113.JPGPICT0112.JPG

Fantastic ...... The missile is ok in the UK but the vehicle is illegal as it's a launching platform you still so lucky in the USA

So I stopped by a friend's house this afternoon to see what was new. Not much, just a SCUD missile and tracked launch vehicle in the driveway. OK, I will admit I haven't seen another one here in NW Oregon. Very cool indeed.

He is helping to refurbish it for a museum and could use some help getting the V-12 engine running as well as getting some basic info on other operating systems of the vehicle. Does anybody in the group have any manuals that might help? Thanks.

RickView attachment 108394View attachment 108395View attachment 108396View attachment 108397

Maybe it's the Flying Heritage Museum in Everett, WA example :

http://www.flyingheritage.com/TemplatePlane.aspx?contentId=80

3407 109th Street SW
Everett, WA 98204

Looks like they might have paid with loose change :

http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/15/autos/littlefield-tank-auction/index.html

Regards,
Bill

Last edited:
Bill,

Very good, an ordnance enthusiast AND amateur detective! Yes, this is formerly from the Jacques Littlefield collection and now owned by Paul Allen's Flying Heritage Collection. Jacques had two SCUDs, this one and a B model on the wheeled carriage. I know one of them came from the Czech Republic and think this one (perhaps both) were originally in the Tony Budge collection in the UK.

That's from various conversations with him many years ago and I'm getting forgetful. I am pretty sure that both missiles were impounded by customs and held in Southern California for a couple years while the lawyers battled over the legality of their import. Eventually, Jacques prevailed and they were added to the collection. I'm also pretty sure they are the only two such missiles in private collections in America.