What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

K98 grenade launcher

Freaky

Does anyone know which grenade is fired from this Israeli grenade launcher for the K98? Usually its mounted a cup launcher onto the k98 but Israel is using this one in stead and the caliber is 7,62 Nato.
Any information would be appreciated.

Cheers
Freaky

Attachments

• k98.jpg
    k98.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 36
maybe ?

The grenade launche looks similar to the type which is used on the british Lee enfield rifel maybe therfore there are using the british rifle grenade ??

But only an opinion

wbr David

Hello David

I dont think they would use it for British grenades. The launcher it self is made in Israel and contains Israelis character as shown in the picture. I would believe they have produced their own grenades. But why did/does they use old k98 rifles?

Cheers
Freaky

Attachments

• k98-2.jpg
    k98-2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 15
Launcher

It looks like a standard launcher for the Energa grenade, used by Britain and many other countries. The Israelis converted tens of thousands of K98 rifles to 7.62mm NATO for their reserve forces and kibbutz protection.

Why not, grenade launchers are useful tools.

Regards
TonyE

The Israelies have quite a range of rifle grenades, all of which could be fired off this launcher, but I agree it was most likely the Energa it was first used with.

Attachments

• bt-ap30.JPG
    bt-ap30.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 11
  • bt-rp80.JPG
    bt-rp80.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 11
  • bt-sgf40.JPG
    bt-sgf40.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 12
  • illumination.JPG
    illumination.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 10
  • ma-ap65.JPG
    ma-ap65.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 9
  • ma-at52.JPG
    ma-at52.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for the information my friends. Which weapon was this launcher first used on before Israel bought them and converted them to the K98?

Cheers
Freaky