What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kineton Ordnance Depot

ydnum303

Hi All,

On the television yesterday evening was a programme about "munitionettes" in WW1, who worked at Chilworth. However, part of the programme included an interview with an officer (a Lt. Col., I think) who appeared to be in charge of what looked like a very interesting ammunition display at Kineton.

Does anyone know if it is possible for civilians to have a look around this display, or is it strictly "Military personnel only"?

Regards,
Roger.

Roger,

Kineton was the home of what was called the Army School of Ammunition (I believe it is now called the Defence Explosive Ordnance Disposal, Munitions and Search School) when I was in the Army and was where Ammunition Technicians trained. There is (was) a very impressive display consisting of just about every type of (British) munition you could think of and was used for training purposes as well as a display. I left over 12 years ago so my info is probably out of date but I doubt if civilians are allowed to visit.

Regards

John P