What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King Tiger 8.8cm KWK query

SG500

Premium Member
A friend has a King Tiger 8.8cm KWK case.
The headstamp clearly shows KWK 42 as the stamp.
I thought that the Panther case was a KWK 42 and the King Tiger case was KWK 43.
Can someone clarify this please.

The stamp is clear, its not a mis stamp.
The case is definitly not a reworked Panther case, I know this sounds a bit obvious, I'm trying to cover all bases here:neutral:

Sorry the photos won't upload for some reason. Does anyone have any KT cases with the same stamp? This case is in good condition and was one of several bought at Beltring last year.

Thanks.

Dave.

I think I have seen it before, I will ask the previous owner (in the Netherlands). Besides that I have seen several other stamping errors on German cases, I just do not know the history behind them.

I think I have seen it before, I will ask the previous owner. Also I have seen several other examples of mis-stamps on German cases.

1 case 001.jpg1 case 012.jpg
Thanks.
Some pictures.
Anyone else found this sort of mis stamping?
Dave.

Hello Dave, i have the same case in my collection, its a KWK 43 but stamp 42, i have also no idea what i could be, Ben

Thanks Ben, it could be the guy in the factory just put the wrong number in the stamping machine?
Dave.