What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kugelkopft and Poppenberge

jeeeensy

sounds more like a rock group :cry:

Here's a couple of new gems, needs a little bit work but not to much, a new coller on the kugel and a light clean up, the poppenberg also a light clean. nice original bunker finds and all original. hope you like them.

Attachments

• DSCF1467.jpg
    DSCF1467.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF1469.jpg
    DSCF1469.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 69
Before and after.

Top one is the one in previous post bottom one has had a clean up.
The top one will clean up nice ,,the lever is in great condition, unlike the bottom one,, still as nice item but hard to find in good condition,

Regards nick

Attachments

• DSCF1472.jpg
    DSCF1472.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 53
As far as I am concerned, there is only one thing you can do to improve these grenades, and that would be to send them to me, because if they were in my collection, they would be great, but since they are in you collection they are just irritating:) Very nice
Best
Gus

As far as I am concerned, there is only one thing you can do to improve these grenades, and that would be to send them to me, because if they were in my collection, they would be great, but since they are in you collection they are just irritating:) Very nice
Best
Gus

Hi Gustaff,, :tinysmile_twink_t: thank you,I take it you like them :)
and irritating,,yes,,like thrush :bigsmile: I...C....

Best,, Nick

Best
Gus

Hahahaha, Gustaf you are my Hero!!!!! :bigsmile:

2 my t fine WW1 stick grenades

Absolutely beautiful grenades Nick. You come up with some mighty fine stick grenades. In my opinion (for what that's worth) they look boss just the way they are. The patina on the pieces just add to their charm. A pair of truly hard to find First World War stick grenades. Great find. I don't know how I missed this thread but an damned glad I found it. Keep 'em coming...Dano

Absolutely beautiful grenades Nick. You come up with some mighty fine stick grenades. In my opinion (for what that's worth) they look boss just the way they are. The patina on the pieces just add to their charm. A pair of truly hard to find First World War stick grenades. Great find. I don't know how I missed this thread but an damned glad I found it. Keep 'em coming...Dano

cheers Dano,,, i'll only give them a light clean nothing drastic, just removed the frag sleeve from the m24,,,,came of in the end but did some minor damage to the can, repairable though, also will be a resotation project, damn so many restoration jobs to do,, still no rush :)

cheers Nick

Realy nice the sticks !

realy nice the both sticks i like them very rare to find in this conditions !!

wbr David

totally agreed dano
Even i wouldnt do anything to these.
Thanks for sharing,they look really nice together-brother and sister!!

I have to disagree, these grenades will continue to deterioate if kept in the damp climate of East Sussex, and it would be a shame for them to be lost, the only hope is to ship them as soon as possible to a dry climate, a high desert would be ideal, where they would safe from further aging, the difficult part is to find a location where they can be stored...Wait a minute, it happens I live in the high desert of Idaho, our humidity is naturally kept at the optimum level, and I would be happy to preserve these for you, I will PM my shipping address
Best wishes
Gus

I have to disagree, these grenades will continue to deterioate if kept in the damp climate of East Sussex, and it would be a shame for them to be lost, the only hope is to ship them as soon as possible to a dry climate, a high desert would be ideal, where they would safe from further aging, the difficult part is to find a location where they can be stored...Wait a minute, it happens I live in the high desert of Idaho, our humidity is naturally kept at the optimum level, and I would be happy to preserve these for you, I will PM my shipping address
Best wishes
Gus

excellent Gus ,,love it mate ..lol grin,,, fart ,,,,oops chuckle :tongue:

Best wishes
Gus

Gus,, This one's just for you mate,,, hope you like them :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Regards Nick

Attachments

• PC070004.jpg
    PC070004.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 32
  • PC070005.jpg
    PC070005.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 34
  • PC070012.jpg
    PC070012.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 36
Hey Nick,
I think I am going to have to hate you, unless this is what you are shipping to me for safe keeping, outstanding, may =be I will have to like you so much that you will put me in your will.
Gus

Now I know why Germans lost WWI, Nick robbed them all the grenades!!!!! How old are you Nick? :nerd:
Great collection Man, but Im agree with Gustaf again, you should have to ship some of them to him and rest to me, you know Spain is a very sunny country.

Now I know why Germans lost WWI, Nick robbed them all the grenades!!!!! How old are you Nick? :nerd:
Great collection Man, but Im agree with Gustaf again, you should have to ship some of them to him and rest to me, you know Spain is a very sunny country.

Spain would be a good second choice, and perhaps it would be wise to split the collections to reduce risk
Gus