What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L10 Ranger Anti-Personnel Mine British Army

EagleEyes

Attachments

• L10 Ranger Anti-Personnel Mine - Disarmed.jpg
    L10 Ranger Anti-Personnel Mine - Disarmed.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 87
  • L10 Ranger Anti-Personnel Mine - Armed.jpg
    L10 Ranger Anti-Personnel Mine - Armed.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 100
  • L10 Ranger Anti-Personnel Mine & Arming Key.jpg
    L10 Ranger Anti-Personnel Mine & Arming Key.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 91
hi mate
how big is this thing?
looks tiny
regards

18pounder

Hi 18 pounder
Height 32mm
Dia 62mm
Weight 110 grams
explosive weight 10 grams
designed for rapid employment from a vehicle

Source Brasseys Anti Personnel landmines by eddie banks

thanks for that fuzeman.

Whats the smallest anti-personell device?

Dragon's Teeth are right in there with the button and gravel mines. I've reposted US-Subs photo. The button bombs are on the top left, Gravel mines in the middle (Look like teabags of different colors, and the dragon's teeth are bottom left, white for snow, green, or brown.

Attachments

• Small Mines.jpg
    Small Mines.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
There is an unknown (probably swiss) AP pressure mine which could the be the smallest one.

Dia. 44 mm
Height 15 mm
Weight 13 grams
Charge 9 grams (PETN)

Ciao
stecol

Attachments

• IgnotaSvizzeraAU1_01.jpg
    IgnotaSvizzeraAU1_01.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IgnotaSvizzeraAU1_02.gif
    IgnotaSvizzeraAU1_02.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 77
Getting a little off topic

Lads, now aren't we getting a little off topic talking about who's got the smallest, maybe you should leave that for the locker room? :tinysmile_cry_t2:

Has anybody information regarding the L10 Ranger Anti-Personnel Mine or could let me know where I could find it?

Anyone know. Be interested to know what the key does.

Last edited:
There was a launcher for these mines on the roof of the 432s that towed the bar mine layer.

Last edited:
Got anything on how the mine mechanism works etc. I am sure there's something on it. I believe it has a clockwork mehanisim, not sure what the key is for, do you set the mines individually before loading or is it to disarm?

Habe einige Dokumente gefunden. Hoffe man kann sie verwerten. Gruss Joerg.1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg500.jpgL10 Ranger Anti-Personnel Mine - Armed.jpgL10 Ranger Anti-Personnel Mine - Disarmed.jpgL10 Ranger Anti-Personnel Mine & Arming Key.jpg

I do not know that you will find very much written about it other than in service publications.
I have seen these and as I recall the outer container is service brown and about a metre square, with mounting fixtures on the bottom.
The container is completely filled with launch tubes and they are fired by what looks like a 12 gauge shotgun cartridge, one per tube.
Each tube can be individually operated to give intermittent spread.

I hope this helps.