What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L111 A1 B1 Practice Grenade

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
I had this Modern UK L111 A1 B1 practice grenade given to me today ,this example is missing the correct safety pin and the extra safety clip,,if anyone has the correct ones spare please contact me as id like this to be finished off correctly..thanks for looking and feel free to add anymore additionl info....spotter

DSC00002gren.jpg

Thanks for offer paul , but came complete with an expended one still in it,
edited 26/04/07 deleted bad pics added the following

L111_side.jpg

finally striker/lever assembly...still need correct pin n ring and additional safety clip for this grenade

L111_det_n__striker_assembly.jpg

good pics there spot.
how does this thing sound when it goes off? Are we talking like an airbomb firework or much more?

waff

Hello waff,i have no idea of the sound made by these practice grenades,have only seen the live version exploding ,a loud bang and a lot of mess,i was surprised at the force a live grenade can make...i have the following info on the fuze used in this practice grenade
The fuze is a L162A1

Fuze Action
When the primer is struck and initiated by the firing pin of the primer initiation mechanism in the Grenade, the resultant flash passes through the primer holder and initiates the delay element. After approximately 4 seconds the delay element initiates the main filling, producing a loud report.

prac_fuze_L162A1.jpg

These pics edited from lexs site show the correct rig and pin and the extra safety clip

l111a1b1dcols2.jpg

Your earlier answer is good enough matey thanks...Loud bang and lot of mess.
its all i need to know!

cheers
waff:)

The loud bang and mess refers to the HE version waff,i would GUESS these practice ones are like a loud blank

I think this may answer your question
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n231nVIBDg"]YouTube- Practice grenade![/ame]

Tony :laugh: