What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L111 A1 B1 Practice Grenade

Inert, used, practice fuses for the L111A1 grenade in original packing.
MVC_446S.JPG

Hi Spotter, are you still looking for a correct safety pin and 2nd safety clip for this ? Tony.

Hello Roller yes i am,i actually got an additional safety clip the other day but it was for the HE version and is not compatible with the practice one,so if you have a spare please drop me a Private Message with details,,thanks spotter

Last edited:
I had a good look at the Horndean fair yesterday, several complete grenades for sale but only spares for the HE ones. I will keep looking though. Tony.

cheers Tony thanks for taking the time to look for me,its appreciated .allan

Managed to get the correct safety pin and clip at Beltring ,,thanks to all of you who have been keeping a look out for me

Attachments

• DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 31
L11A1 Fuze

The fuzes in these grenades are of two types.

1. Grenade Hand Practice L162A1
2. Grenade Hand Practice L162A2

The A1 differs visually from the A2 in that the A1 had a metal band just below the wide part.

i might have spares i will have to have a dig about, keep it out of sun light that is why the rubber strap has darkened and it could go brittle.

Ill have a dig about and let you know.

SM is Swiss Made. Sorry don't know a maker. (Unless it also means Swiss Munitions?)