What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

l2a2 rg 97

ja51onp

As the title I found this bullet today as I was out metal detecting and would like to know if anyone got any info on the shell thanks.

As the title I found this bullet today as I was out metal detecting and would like to know if anyone got any info on the shell thanks.

JA51 onp,

If you have a read through some of the previous posts on the small arms section you will find some identification code lists, they will help you in the future:

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/7-62x51mm-nato-t59675.html

7.62x51mm NATO Round manufactured by RG (Radway Green)
L2A2 = Strengthened case

Thank you but I realy don't know nothing about guns or bullets. I didn't know where to look what gun does it come out of. And how do I know if it is live or been shot its still got the head of the bullet on sorry if I being dumb but I realy don't know anything about gums and bullets thanks.

Thank you but I realy don't know nothing about guns or bullets. I didn't know where to look what gun does it come out of. And how do I know if it is live or been shot its still got the head of the bullet on sorry if I being dumb but I realy don't know anything about gums and bullets thanks.

Ja51onp,

I would not recommend lifting any rounds if you know nothing about them. If there's still a bullet in the case, and you have dug it from the ground then it should be treated as live, even if the primer is struck. If there are holes drilled in the side of the case it is a dummy round and there should be no problems.

regards
Michael

Hi Ja51onp,
If you have any doubts over whether a item is live or not that you have found the best course of action is to leave it where you found it and call the local police to arrange for its safe disposal.
Best regards Weasel.