What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L71A1 Base Detonating Fuze

ammocat

Ordnance approved
This is my first attempt at a cut away. I am very happy with the results so far. When complete the detonator, stem charge, and tetryl pellets will be represented with wood dowel, thus you will be able to see the complete explosive train. The rough cuts are done, but the components still require some filing and cleaning up.

Attachments

• L71A1 Cut Away parts.jpg
    L71A1 Cut Away parts.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 101
  • L71A1 Cut Away.jpg
    L71A1 Cut Away.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 110
  • L71A1 Shutter.jpg
    L71A1 Shutter.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 86
Detonator, stem charge and tetryl pellets have been replaced with wood dowel painted yellow. I know that the tetryl is normally a much lighter colour, however I choose yellow since this item will be used as a training aid and under NATO colour coding yellow represents HE.

Attachments

• Fuze Done 1.JPG
    Fuze Done 1.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 73
This is fuze number 2 with the striker, creep spring, and inertia weight exposed. Some of the components had to be secured in position with Steel Epoxy.

Attachments

• Fuze BD 2.jpg
    Fuze BD 2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 55
Fuze BD L71A1 Kit

I have finally completed a fuze training kit with three fuzes (two cutaways) and a series of delay arming shutters to show the arming sequence. There are some laminated cards to explain the arming process. You will note from the photos, I am not a carpenter!

Attachments

• L71A1.jpg
    L71A1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 38
  • L71A1 1.jpg
    L71A1 1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 56
  • L71A1 2.jpg
    L71A1 2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 44
Very nice!

Well impressive ammocat and you should be proud of the achievement.

Nice layout and explanation also-thanks for showing us.

Looks good to me Ammocat and you are always spot on with your info.

Chris 42 RQ and AMMOTEXTXT, thanks for the feedback. Wish I could get my hands on a few PD M739 to make a similar kit out of.
Cheers,