What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L86A1 Practice Rifle Grenade

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Had this L86A1 practice rifle grenade given to me yesterday,had a big scrape down one side and a damaged tail fin assembly so thought id make this cutaway from it. The Grenade Rifle Practice Fd Trg with Booster L86A1 is designed as a ballistic
match to HE L85A1 and has the same range. Instead of using blank ammunition to propell them they use a bullet trap assembly enabling the use of Live rounds​

Attachments

• rgDSC00042.jpg
    rgDSC00042.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 108
  • rgDSC00043.jpg
    rgDSC00043.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 99
  • rgDSC00046.jpg
    rgDSC00046.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 163
  • rgDSC00047.jpg
    rgDSC00047.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 136
6 hack saw blades ,im going to have to buy some good ones again as the cheap ones just dont last,The biggest part the head is only made of aluminium ,and the tail is very thin metal ,

Thanks weasel,,,Ive Just borrowed a toy SA80 to take some pics of it fitted .....sorry about pic quality but i darnt take this outside even tho it is just a Toy BB rifle

Attachments

• bocnDSC00027.jpg
    bocnDSC00027.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 66
  • bocnDSC00028.jpg
    bocnDSC00028.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 82
  • bocnDSC00030.jpg
    bocnDSC00030.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 87
  • bocnDSC00032.jpg
    bocnDSC00032.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 79
Nice goodies

Yet another excellent "Spotter" cutaway !
I see you also have a nice cabinet full of other goodies that have also been sectioned-did you do them all yourself ?

Next time you make a hacksaw blade purchase you might wish to consider "HSS-B" High Speed Steel Bi-metal blades as these are very flexible and usually have a good long life (providing you do not abuse them on hard materials of course!) they should be available from any good "Tool" store that deals with small companies.
Chris:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

hello Chris,yes do them all myself ,as most of the stuff i buy is at the cheap end of collecting and usually damaged in some way,so only suitable for cutting ,plus they come in handy for showing people at work how stuff works.Another advantage is its easily prooven Inert when half of it is missing..
As for the saw blades your right expensive blades are better ,i keep making the mistake of buying cheap ones thinking they,ll do >>yes you do manage to struggle by with them but your forever having to change them,quality not quantity is definately a must when chopping stuff

I have recently recovered two L86A1's and I would like to paint them to match the L85 HE model, but I have never seen the HE model and I am having trouble finding it online. Does anyone have photos showing colour, markings, etc?

I have a question about the L86 ... I have IMI as Israeli. Is this an Israeli grenade, or UK?

Joe