What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest bit of WW1 kit

gothica7

Premium Member
Got this in the post today, a WW1 leather sling for the SMLE in fantastic condition. Made by Cole Bros and dated 1916.Looks hardly used.

Andy

Attachments

• Leather sling 1.jpg
    Leather sling 1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Leather sling 6.jpg
    Leather sling 6.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 28
Hi Andy,
Don't suppose you got this sling from a dealer in Lordship lane,London by any chance?
I am fairly sure these leather slings were originaly for the P14 rifle but no doubt used for the smellie on occasion as well.

Cheers
Tony

Hi Andy,
Don't suppose you got this sling from a dealer in Lordship lane,London by any chance?
I am fairly sure these leather slings were originaly for the P14 rifle but no doubt used for the smellie on occasion as well.

Cheers
Tony

Hi Tony,

no, sorry, didnt get it from a London dealer, only paid 35 quid for it. The bootlace isnt original but the rest is and i have been informed its not for the P14 but its zackly right for the SMLE. I was told the P14 leather equipment was different. Very pleased with it, just not sure whether to fit it to a rifle or not.

Andy