What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest Cut. M1914 Rifle Grenade

paul the grenade

Hi All.
Finally got round to sectioning my tatty M1914. The body was easy but the fuze took a lot of thinking about before i got the dremel out.
As you can see from the pics it has an overly complicated and large fuze for a siimple Rifle grenade But after a few hours work it came out just fine. Just needs a lick of paint and it will be finished.
Anyone got a spare rod and ranging disc they dont want??:tinysmile_fatgrin_t
Cheers for looking.
Paul.

Attachments

• sectioned M1914.jpg
    sectioned M1914.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 101
  • sectioned M1914 6.jpg
    sectioned M1914 6.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 89
  • sectioned M1914 7.jpg
    sectioned M1914 7.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 114
awesome

Great job Paul, I'm slowly re-thinking my position of cutting history, as when I see them as well done as this '14 rifle grenade, I see beauty...Dano

looks great paul you will have to put another pic on when you have painted it

regards lee

Hello Paul,

That is a beautiful section job, thanks for showing!

Thanks and stay safe,

Frank

Hi Paul,
Great job ! a really nice cut like that always looks so easy until you try, you have put a lot of effort into that. Many thanks for showing us and i look forward to seeing the finished item. Best regards Weasel.

Heres some pics showing how this complicated fuze works.
Cheers, Paul.

Attachments

• FUZE SAFE copy.jpg
    FUZE SAFE copy.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 44
  • FUZE ARMED copy.jpg
    FUZE ARMED copy.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 39
  • FUZE IMPACT copy.jpg
    FUZE IMPACT copy.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Very nice. Good job Paul.

Now by your pages shown and how the fuze works seems very overly complex for it's time. I wonder who was the genious behind this one? I would also like to know why it had to be so complex, unless, that is for the safety of the lad who has to use it? No accidents in the trench line and a foxhole.:tinysmile_hmm_t::tinysmile_hmm_t:

Well done Paul. That's a great job of work. The fuze almost looked too good to section. These are getting more expensive all the time. The last good brass one I bought was 20 and I saw a tatty alloy one for 13 on Wednesday.

John