What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest find

rnixartillery

Hi Folks
Just thought I would show you what I picked up today,three 1944 dated boxes in 'as new' condition, absolutely perfect.
If anyone can shed some light on them I would be very grateful,I though they were 6 pounder or possibly 17 pounder but not quite sure.

Cheers Rob..............................rnixartillery collection.

Attachments

• DSCF3013.jpg
    DSCF3013.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCF3014.jpg
    DSCF3014.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF3016.jpg
    DSCF3016.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 57
Hello Rob,
C320 Mk 1 is the model number of the box. I don't know what it would have contained but if you can look up publications for 6 Pr & 17 Pr they should tell you whether that type of ammo was packed in that type of box.
Matthew

I've checked my Pamphlet dated June 1943 and it's not listed in there. The C.320 must have been introduced after that.

The only entry I have for the 17 pdr is a C.274 I which held 2 rounds of A.P. or A.P.C. shot.

As for 6 pdr there is a wide variety holding a different number of rounds. Choose from:
C.89
C.238
C.246
C.263 I
C.263 A
C.264
C.286