What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lee Enfield Cadet Rifles

Fragman

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
In these crazy mixed up times it’s not often you get the chance to congratulate your government, but a big WELL DONE is certainly deserving of the current NZ politicians.

If you have been trying to contact a NZ collector over the last couple of days there’s a good chance we were MIA. It was for a good cause, as we have been in Wellington attending an auction for surplus cadet training rifles. Originally the government was going to destroy these rifles, but after a lot of campaigning by NZ collectors they agreed to sell them. There were three types of rifles,
Lee Enfield .22 - No 8 (285 rifles),
Lee Enfield .22 - No 9 (116 rifles),and
Lee Enfield .303 - DP No 4’s (52 rifles)
Individual bidders were allowed to buy a maximum of one of each type, and clubs could buy a total of 5 rifles. They were all sold and are now safely stowed away.

Personally I had a great weekend and managed to catch up with MG34NZ, along with many other local collectors and dealers (there was a reasonable amount of pleasure along with the work :tinysmile_fatgrin_t).

Enjoy the photos. Cheers

Attachments

• DPs 4 BOCN.jpg
    DPs 4 BOCN.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 42
  • No8s 4 bocn.jpg
    No8s 4 bocn.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 30
  • No9s 4bocn.jpg
    No9s 4bocn.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 35
  • room 4 bocn.jpg
    room 4 bocn.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Cadet Rifles

Looks like a nice selection of No4's . The Cadets in the UK are still using No4's although they are deactivated and re-designated as L59 A1's. They are currently being phased out and replaced with SA 80's (cadet derivatives) so i hope they are not destroyed and make it on to the collectors market.
Hangarman

Heres my ones....No8 is a cracker, No9 is nice but minus the mag which is no issue, the No4 Mk1* DP is a nice Savage made example marked US property, all rifles are matching numbers and after decades of service in the NZDF in good condition . Just about to poke a few rounds through the .22s!
Great weekend and good to catch up with KiwiColin for a few drinks and to talk grenades.

Regards
MG34NZ

UPDATE.... Bloody fantastic to shoot ! a ton of fun!!

Attachments

• bike 008 (Custom).jpg
    bike 008 (Custom).jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 25
  • bike 009 (Custom).jpg
    bike 009 (Custom).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 19
  • bike 010 (Custom).jpg
    bike 010 (Custom).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Lucky Buggers

Bloody Kiwi's I am really glad some government has a brain Here in OZ our cadets had to hand in there DP'ed SLR's during the gun buyback then then had to purchase .22 cal single shot {russian/chinese I think}weapons. Recently an RSL wanted to supply a cadet troop with replica / movie prod type Styers but were told that they would have to get Cat R licences so RSL said they would get some plywood cutouts made up but powers to be said these to would be concidered as Cat R weapons and Police would enforce the law.

Must stop now as my tears are filling up the keyboard and I don't want to be electrocuted.

Ps are Aussies allowed to move to NZ please please let me in !!

Whats wrong with Australia ?

After such a glorious military history - it seems your country / your government are turning into a nation of Pussies---- I have no respect for the Australian Government any more- I'm in Canada and we are slowly going the same route except in Afganistan.:tinysmile_cry_t4:

In these crazy mixed up times its not often you get the chance to congratulate your government, but a big WELL DONE is certainly deserving of the current NZ politicians.

If you have been trying to contact a NZ collector over the last couple of days theres a good chance we were MIA. It was for a good cause, as we have been in Wellington attending an auction for surplus cadet training rifles. Originally the government was going to destroy these rifles, but after a lot of campaigning by NZ collectors they agreed to sell them. There were three types of rifles,
Lee Enfield .22 - No 8 (285 rifles),
Lee Enfield .22 - No 9 (116 rifles),and
Lee Enfield .303 - DP No 4s (52 rifles)
Individual bidders were allowed to buy a maximum of one of each type, and clubs could buy a total of 5 rifles. They were all sold and are now safely stowed away.

Personally I had a great weekend and managed to catch up with MG34NZ, along with many other local collectors and dealers (there was a reasonable amount of pleasure along with the work :tinysmile_fatgrin_t).

Enjoy the photos. Cheers

Well Done there mate
I have had over 40 shooting Lee Enfeilds over my time with my club,
Including a minty No1Mk1 Made by Enfeild in 1903 which wasnt a long lee cut down.
I had an SMLE Trainer which was ER Stamped and dated 1905.
Many of these rifles were issued to school boy cadets in the day and i often used to pop it of at our range with the removal of the mag spring
it made an exellent spent case catcher.

If the Laws in the Uk wearnt so Harsh against the legitimate shooter
then i would do it all again.

Glad those Enfeilds are saved for future shooters and wish i could put me name on one:tinysmile_cry_t4:

Best phil

Bloody Kiwi's I am really glad some government has a brain Here in OZ our cadets had to hand in there DP'ed SLR's during the gun buyback then then had to purchase .22 cal single shot {russian/chinese I think}weapons. Recently an RSL wanted to supply a cadet troop with replica / movie prod type Styers but were told that they would have to get Cat R licences so RSL said they would get some plywood cutouts made up but powers to be said these to would be concidered as Cat R weapons and Police would enforce the law.

Must stop now as my tears are filling up the keyboard and I don't want to be electrocuted.

Ps are Aussies allowed to move to NZ please please let me in !!
That is completely and utterly stupid, that a piece of wood sawn into a certain shape becomes an illegal weapon.

PS I really don't like their term "gun buyback", that makes it sound like civilian guns were the government's property to buy back in the first place.