What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lest we forget

Where are the people (of Walmart)?.

Amazing how fragile supply chains are under 'just-in-time'.

Good observation, there were not too many people in the first place, and I also waited to have no people around to capture empty shelves. Luckily people are not attracted to empty shelves.

Here in the UK, the panic buying started a week or so before the first lockdown was announced. Plant based imitation meat was one of the few things left on the shelves.

I also remember the first time I walked into a bank wearing a mask. I thought to myself that if I had done that a few months before, they would have hit the panic alarm.

I just completed (almost) a week of clinical COVID sickness. For the 1st time. I've had 3 vaccinations. I can tell you that this virus is very strong and diverse in its targets. The head splitting headache is the worst. Nasal mucus is highly annoying, I had to sleep breathing through my mouth. Loss of smell and taste is weird. My conclusion is that as we keep on increasing human biomass around the globe combined with major advances in the speed and people capacity of air travel, plus medical advances in genetics (so the genes stay in the human pool), the next pandemics are going to be HUGE.

I totally agree and think we have just experienced the tip of the iceberg. Not looking forward to the next lot at all
Very pleased you got through it OK
Stay safe