What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life is good...

Jolly Green

Chores are done,
Done cruising my Ord sites for the evening,
Two grenades on the way,
One new arrival this week,
A couple of deals in the works,
Spent some QUALITY time catching up on posts on BOCN,
Some cold beverage on hand,
Getting ready to settle in to watch The Hurt Locker.
Yes my BOCN brothers, Life is good!
I bid you all a good evening!

:top:

yeah buddy

Here here. It has been a particularly good month for me too green, with my personal life, acquisitions, new friends and my old crones. A little "morning delight".. Yessirree life is goooooooooooooooooooooooooood..........Dano

Last edited:
Wish i could say the same. Life is a bit hard for me at the moment with no end to it.
Andy

hi jolly green

nice to hear all is ok im good my helth is bad at the moment sadlly with dentist doctor and optintions all in 1 week ! my collection is great i dont think ive added as mutch stuff to it ever in 4 weeks !!!! sorry to hear things arnt well gothica7 hope you luck changes !:tinysmile_cry_t2:

Wish i could say the same. Life is a bit hard for me at the moment with no end to it.
Andy

Aww man
give it some time..you'll look back and think ''thank f **k thats in the past''.
What ever it is mate,i'm sure with time it will be fine.
Its tough at the moment here too,but we have to stay positive and try to hold our heads up high.
Things do get better,but somtimes you just cant see it always.
Regards..

Thanks for your comments guys but looking my mum after a fall over 3 years ago is hard and it dosnt get any better.
Perhaps this is why i am sometimes a bit acerbic on this forum, i tend to get a bit cross rather easily these days.
Mind you, ime glad of my hobbies and my friends. And the bloody dogs who keep escaping all the time despite my attempts at fencing them in. Damned well jumping the gates now!!!

Andy

I wasn't boasting that my life is perfect.
I take a handfull of of meds everyday, work 6-7 days a week and ache.
Heck, if I have a moment during the day to stop a I feel no pain, if even for a minute, it's a good minute. A win.
I've learned to appreciate the small things in life. There's more of them than big ones, good or bad.
Over the years I've spent three and a half hours clinging to an overturned boat in the Gulf of Mexico, had to wait while my ice climbing partners got off the the frozen waterfall that had exploded above us, had a jet take birds in both of it's engines over Saskatchewan and drank a bunch of water while whitewater rafting until I hit some solid water that shot me to the surface. Times when I wasn't sure if I'd be down for breakfast per se. During those moments, and after, you get a crash course in life appreciation. Life is not always rosie, for anybody.
But last night a few small things lined up and I was having a good moment and just wanted to share it with a bunch of guys I've never met but who none the less mean a whole lot to me. YOU, my BOCN brothers.

hi sorry to hear abot your mum m8 i hope all is well as for the dogs try a springie lead stacked to the ground so they can stil move but cant escape i need glases ans a root cannal ! =(

Little bugger jumped the gate last night but this evening i raised the stakes a bit, somehow i dont think a Jack Russell type will manage it but i wont hold my breath. It has the ability to climb you see and being small its power to weight ratio is quite good so we are now watching each other for further developments!!!

Andy