What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifting eyes for german bombs

satan18

Another little addition for my smaller bomb collection,is these top lifting eyes for the 50 kg bomb.
Also in the selection was a forward nose plug for the 50 kg.
only a bit of surface rust otherwise these will clean up a treat.

Attachments

• Fuse Box 003.jpg
    Fuse Box 003.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Fuse Box 004.jpg
    Fuse Box 004.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 28
Be any stamps on this things?
I have a same one and have a WaA stamp on bottom of screw.

Some nice 'eyes' you have there Phil, congrats.

Now here is something you may find interesting..........

This piece I have had for a long time and it is part of a large incendiary container. This particualar container dropped on farmland but failed to open, although the contents ignited. Apparantly the whole thing burned for three whole days!! I got this from the farmer whos field it landed in. I did have more of the container, but this is the only bit I kept. The rest was a mangled mass of twisted steel and very rusty!! Though amongst the bits were almost 50 incendairy nose pieces (what I now know to be the 'tile breaker' version - though didn't at the time!!)

This hanging eye was solid and it took a lot of WD40 and hammer blows to release it and once I did I found it still retained the waffenampt stamp on the bottom - (hence my posting here). What I like about this piece is the fact that it is twisted - this is a solid lump of steel and was the support for the hanging of the container, I presume the heat from the incendiaries twisted it to this shape, rather than impact??

Anyhow- here are the pictures...........

regards Kev

HPIM6352.jpgHPIM6353.jpgHPIM6354.jpgHPIM6355.jpgHPIM6356.jpg

I have got one somewere and it has a collar/disc fitted to it, will have to find it and take a pic and check for any markings.

Some nice 'eyes' you have there Phil, congrats.

Now here is something you may find interesting..........

This piece I have had for a long time and it is part of a large incendiary container. This particualar container dropped on farmland but failed to open, although the contents ignited. Apparantly the whole thing burned for three whole days!! I got this from the farmer whos field it landed in. I did have more of the container, but this is the only bit I kept. The rest was a mangled mass of twisted steel and very rusty!! Though amongst the bits were almost 50 incendairy nose pieces (what I now know to be the 'tile breaker' version - though didn't at the time!!)

This hanging eye was solid and it took a lot of WD40 and hammer blows to release it and once I did I found it still retained the waffenampt stamp on the bottom - (hence my posting here). What I like about this piece is the fact that it is twisted - this is a solid lump of steel and was the support for the hanging of the container, I presume the heat from the incendiaries twisted it to this shape, rather than impact??

Anyhow- here are the pictures...........

regards Kev

View attachment 39534View attachment 39535View attachment 39536View attachment 39537View attachment 39538

Nice one Kev and it still never fails to amaze me the amount of trouble that the German Armament factorys went to with actually stamping a screw eye,
so in true anorack style i gave all mine a clean and oil polish and one out of four revealed a little stamp which is nice.

Attachments

• charging connectors 001.jpg
    charging connectors 001.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 16
  • charging connectors.jpg
    charging connectors.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 30
What a great thread!! Sorry i just caught up,i was a little 'busy' last night!:date:

Shame about thos 50 or so fuzes Kev!,imagine the worth of those nowadays!!

Phil,i just checked my 2 lifting eyes and the one where i suspect had a waff stamp has rusted away :( Nay mind!
I will be needing another 3 or 4 if all goes well this week!

cheers

waff

I have got one somewere and it has a collar/disc fitted to it, will have to find it and take a pic and check for any markings.

Welcome aboard mate,glad you are starting to post at last! :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Bring the item with you please when you come and visit the collection.

best

waff