What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little black box!!!!!

Lou

Ammo container

Wasnt sure where to post this.It was sold to me as an OSS item.
On the top of the box is,TOP
On the bottom,AMM.CONT.L210A1 S.V.525 A I.C.M. 67

I set it next to a nice little UK Mk3 boobytrap I picked up,to compare for size.

Could any one give me in more detail ,who,what,when and where of the little black baklite box and its contents?

And a safety P.S. Yes all the Det tubes are empty,clear of all chemicals.

Thanks guys,,

Attachments

• mine stuff 009.jpg
    mine stuff 009.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 75
  • mine stuff 012.jpg
    mine stuff 012.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 64
  • mine stuff 013.jpg
    mine stuff 013.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 75
  • mine stuff 007.jpg
    mine stuff 007.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Wasnt sure where to post this.It was sold to me as an OSS item.
On the top of the box is,TOP
On the bottom,AMM.CONT.L210A1 S.V.525 A I.C.M. 67
[...]
Could any one give me in more detail ,who,what,when and where of the little black baklite box and its contents?

[...]
It is a fairly modern British detonator container I'm afraid. SV525A is the drawing/part number. ICM will be the manufacturer and 67 is probably the year of manufacture.

Thanks for the answer.I kinda figured it might be a newer item,being that it didnt skyrocket in price at auction.
Would this be a general purpose demolition item then?
And if anyone could explain what the black tubes are for?

Thanks guys,I appreciate the info.

Looks to me like the box contains two black tubes that dont belong with it?

Any idea what they are?

I picked up a similar one (left) in the Gulf back in the early 90s. It seemed to be part of the demo supplies in the stuff we were destroying, there were several hundred on-site.

Attachments

• DSCN1178.jpg
    DSCN1178.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 26
I picked up a similar one (left) in the Gulf back in the early 90s. It seemed to be part of the demo supplies in the stuff we were destroying, there were several hundred on-site.

Thats a nice collection of boxes and tins man.And yours has the nice label. I do watch the sales alot,and Ive hardly ever seen any for sale.Probably not the most popular ordnance item,but they look great on the shelf.I like em.

The civilian cap boxes are nice as well, but there are separate collectors just for that stuff and they can get pretty competitive on prices. Still, like you say, they look nice on the shelf.

Attachments

• DSCN1177.jpg
    DSCN1177.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 16