What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

live from the meet

bolo

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Photos from the meet

Attachments

• IMG_20100612_150319.jpg
    IMG_20100612_150319.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 165
Thanks Bolo, i take it all the guys are round the BBQ any more pics its nice to see what we a missing
Andy

More pics whilst I'm still capable

Attachments

• IMG_20100612_160436.jpg
    IMG_20100612_160436.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20100612_153358.jpg
    IMG_20100612_153358.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20100612_153351.jpg
    IMG_20100612_153351.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20100612_153339.jpg
    IMG_20100612_153339.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 129
Nay worries bud,if you see spott then please ask him how much and for what.Text as i gotto go change and out on the pop. ;p

best

waff

ahhhhh nice! M24 sticks and a Ub grenade there send them to me for a better look!!...the next meet should be in NZ!

Hope you guys had a great time,it sounds like it would have been great to attend

cheers
MG34NZ

just got back from the meet we had a great time was nice meeting up with other members and a big thanx to charlie for arranging everything

regards lee

I went yesterday afternoon. Found some good bits for the collection and its always good to put faces to names.

I hope you all had a good time, i would really have liked to be there but looking after mum prevents me doing such things without a great deal of planning.

Andy

Yes Andy, Taking care of mum sure can put a damper on things. The wife and I want to rent a cabin in wilderness for 1 night, do some fishing and other things (he he). Well beside bothering several family and friends to make sure she gets her meds and don't hurt herself it almost takes an act of Congress to get away, but we're going to do it...Dano

meeting

Yep big big thanks to Charlie, we enjoyed our visit, meeting people, trading, chatting, eating and drinking all with a steam rally and good services( didnt try the beer tent). Definitely on for next year if its going to be repeated. 2pr

Yes Andy, Taking care of mum sure can put a damper on things. The wife and I want to rent a cabin in wilderness for 1 night, do some fishing and other things (he he). Well beside bothering several family and friends to make sure she gets her meds and don't hurt herself it almost takes an act of Congress to get away, but we're going to do it...Dano

You go do it Dano,

have a damned good time too.

If i have a break, and theres's 2 planed in August & September, i have to organise a carer to come stay for the 5 days each time at a huge cost so as i can stay sane. last time mum fell and hurt herslf so that spoilt everything. Take it whilst you can bud.

Andy

A big thanks to Charlie for his hospitality and generosity and to Spotter for his generosity and for helping me put up my borrowed tent - first time I had chance to see it out of the bag. Also to Lexpev for being an all round good egg. It was good to meet people, have a chat and see their stuff.

Finally back at my desk, after a very long journey back up north, since my car broke down half way it took twice as long getting back!

Just want to second what some of the other guys have already said. Charlie was a star, his preparation and organisation really made it a great weekend so again a big Thanks for all you did.

Really nice meeting other members and their familys, with such a wide range of backgrounds sharing a common interest, there's always something to chat to people about which made the weekend very interesting.

I for one really am looking forward to a repeat next year, which will certainly take place and with plenty of notice will attract much more people.

I'm sure Spotter will be on here later today with more photo's and info

Great weekend !

Hey lads,

I had a very nice time at the meet, I thought it was great.
Biggest thanks goes out to Charlie for all the stuff he took care of.
Tents, beers, meat and ofcourse the use of his land, you're a winner mate!
I made it home last night at 00:02 local time, the car said 870kilometers in total...I also found out what the top speed is of a Peugeot 207SW...Now wait for three countries to send me speed-tickets.

It was great to meet you all, and like Falcon said, nice to get some faces to the nicknames. Let's see eachother at Beltring, and then again at Codicote next year again.
I'll prepare a proper stall next year, not just rusty relics.

Lex