What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long incendiary bomb

SG500

Premium Member
Here's one I picked up earlier last year, a bit of an impulse buy and completely outside my normal area of collecting.
Has anyone got a diagram of it they can post to show what all the bits inside are please.
Shown next to one of its shorter brothers for scale.
All INERT etc.
Thanks.
Dave.

IMG_0510.jpgIMG_0511.jpgIMG_0512.jpgIMG_0513.jpgIMG_0514.jpgIMG_0515.jpgIMG_0516.jpg

Credit to Chris and BLU-97, who let me scan materials (these included) from their library over a 12 year period -

Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpg

Very nice example of an IBEN, first used over Britain during the Baedeker Raids in spring 1942, purely to try and kill the newly formed Fire Guard parties.

NICE, if I'm not really careful I could easily get into collecting these.
Dave.

Don't forget the practice versions. Picture included, plus my model.

DSCN2611.jpgDSCN2612.jpg

WOW, very nice Jeff, what's the cream colour on the one second from left on the second photo signify?

Dave.

Jeff, the red ones are dummies per German nomenclature.

EOD, Would they be dummies, or Exercise/practice? All the marked ones that I have seen were Ex - am I misunderstanding something? It wouldn't be the first time.

SG500, I have no idea what the paint signifies, as best I can tell it is original. It is the best one I have ever had, under the fuze it looks brand new. All is as I received it.

Jeff, "EX" means "Exerzier" what means "dummy" in the sense of an item for drill prurposes. If it would be an item to be fired, dropped or launched it would be an "B".

I had it backwards, thought that Ub (sorry, can't find my umlaut) was dummy, and Ex was practice. So none of the Ex were dropped, only for loading drills, etc? I would have thought that more would be found in better condition - Thanks