What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look for information over these electronic fuzes

Fusse2004

Premium Member
Who can help? Look for info. over these fuzes!!!

Attachments

• DSCN9874.jpg
    DSCN9874.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 61
I can't tell you anything about them as I don't know much about VT/proximity fuzes but want to say very nice. You are very lucky to have those in your collection.

Darren

Fusse2004,

It would help if you were to list the writing and stamping in the metal for each of the fuzes.

The second from the left is characteristic of the WWII U.S. Army fuze, and you can see the 105H written on the bottom section (for 105mm Howitzer). There is writing in front of that (Either 75H or 155H most likely, I can see the H (for another Howitzer caliber).

The last fuze is a Navy fuze because of the shape, thread diameter and Mk number stamped on it. It would most likely fit the 5 inch 54 cal and 6 inch 47 cal more modern design streamlined projectiles. The second fuze from the right also looks like U.S. Navy for the same caliber guns.

The middle fuze is U.S. Navy (Mk number 72) and would fit the 3 inch 50 cal HE projectiles.

All very nice fuzes by the way!

Last edited: