What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for 3pdr info

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Looking for a document on what I believe to be a US 3pdr. Base fuzed, 47mmx174mm. Single rotating band. Thanks in advance.

DSC_8231.jpg

None, no stamps at all. The remnants of a brass plug/fuze are in the base, again no markings. Too beaten up to tell anything. Purchased at a local show with no background.

The driving band looks similar to one i had on a 6pr.
Sheet brass sleeve pressed onto the projectile,mine was loose so you could rotate it around the projectile.

Hotchkiss 47mm for L/40 Rapid Fire Cannon M1897 or earlier version? The poor quality pictures I have appear to show a projectile having a driving band very similar to the one pictured above.

Looking for a document on what I believe to be a US 3pdr. Base fuzed, 47mmx174mm. Single rotating band. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 93018
Does it have a large steel plug in the base with a smaller threaded hole for the base fuze? If so, it's an A.M.O. Co. APHE. 1900, give or take. I'm looking for docs. I'm holding one in my hand, identical to it but marked.

Does it have a large steel plug in the base with a smaller threaded hole for the base fuze? If so, it's an A.M.O. Co. APHE. 1900, give or take. I'm looking for docs. I'm holding one in my hand, identical to it but marked.

Nope. Med sized brass plug which is beaten badly.