What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luftwaffe bomb designer General Ernst Marquard's memoir?

LEI-13-HG

Hi - does anyone have a copy of Luftwaffe bomb designer General Ernst Marquard's memoir please? Thanks.

memoirs, no, but yiou may lke to look in the Bundesarchive (https://invenio.bundesarchiv.de/invenio/main.xhtml) for this record (it is digitalized and can be downloaded):
  • RH 2/2212
    Bd. 10: Einsatzmöglichkeiten von Fliegerbomben
  • Bandnummer 10Enthält nur :
    Vortragsmanuskript, Verfasser: Marquardt

Unterlagenart SachakteAlte Signatur L II 1071; E 1816Benutzungsort Freiburg
It is a doumnet written in 1928 by Ing. Ernst Marquard on the subject of devopment of Aerial bombs

memoirs, no, but yiou may lke to look in the Bundesarchive (https://invenio.bundesarchiv.de/invenio/main.xhtml) for this record (it is digitalized and can be downloaded):
  • RH 2/2212
    Bd. 10: Einsatzmöglichkeiten von Fliegerbomben
  • Bandnummer 10Enthält nur :
    Vortragsmanuskript, Verfasser: Marquardt

Unterlagenart SachakteAlte Signatur L II 1071; E 1816Benutzungsort Freiburg
It is a doumnet written in 1928 by Ing. Ernst Marquard on the subject of devopment of Aerial bombs
Many thanks Dreamk, appreciated.

Hi - does anyone have a copy of Luftwaffe bomb designer General Ernst Marquard's memoir please? Thanks.
Hallo,
do you mean the more than 400 pages "Die Planung und Entwicklung von Bomben für die deutsche Luftwaffe 1925-1945". A very, very informative work that sheds a different light on quite a few things. It must have been written after the war. I don't even know in what context this was written. If it is a work for allied technical intelligence or a work written in the context for the new german military, after the war. My copy has 2 drawings missing. You have to be fluent in technical german language, otherwise the book is of no use.

Hallo,
do you mean the more than 400 pages "Die Planung und Entwicklung von Bomben für die deutsche Luftwaffe 1925-1945". A very, very informative work that sheds a different light on quite a few things. It must have been written after the war. I don't even know in what context this was written. If it is a work for allied technical intelligence or a work written in the context for the new german military, after the war. My copy has 2 drawings missing. You have to be fluent in technical german language, otherwise the book is of no use.
Thank you - that is a post-war monograph written by Marquard for the US air force in the 1950s. I am talking about a memoir he wrote about his life and his development of bombs, possibly done in the 1960s.