What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lunch

SG500

Premium Member
I took this photo earlier today of a spider having its lunch.

Its amazing what detail the photo shows that you can't see in real life.

Dave.

IMG_3590.jpg

Please enough, eurgghhh spiders ! i mean i can appreciate your picture of a rather pretty garden spider Dave and at the moment i cant go up into my garden without walking through about 20 of the webs and am always waiting to look at my chest and see a big monster spider just sat there.
Best Weasel.

Dave, by the size of your spider, it looks like it has lunch quite often.

Dave. I think your well fed arachnid is ARANEUS DIADEMATUS , one of our more common garden spiders . I must admit , it does look as if it's just had a large prawn cocktail , 14oz T-Bone & possibly a bottle of fine claret . IE , they're not normally so fat...........

Dave. I think your well fed arachnid is ARANEUS DIADEMATUS , one of our more common garden spiders . I must admit , it does look as if it's just had a large prawn cocktail , 14oz T-Bone & possibly a bottle of fine claret . IE , they're not normally so fat...........

Yea my thoughts also, I wonder if its full of eggs, next I know there'll be thousands of them running around.:tinysmile_angry_t:

Dave.

Here's one that my mum had me remove from the kitchen once.

I don't actually mind spiders. They say that if you see one in your house, assuming it has been there for a year, that's 2000 other insects the spider has eaten.

Attachments

• spider4.jpg
    spider4.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 15
Please enough, eurgghhh spiders ! i mean i can appreciate your picture of a rather pretty garden spider Dave and at the moment i cant go up into my garden without walking through about 20 of the webs and am always waiting to look at my chest and see a big monster spider just sat there.
Best Weasel.

This is a WEB site:bigsmile:

one living on my pepper plant,that got very protective of it....little sod even jumps at me.

And another one of those 'common garden' spiders rather lost....on a target Humber pig out on the AT range.

Tony181194_193174530810872_1867712160_n.jpg

Attachments

• 282262_196859190442406_951835622_n.jpg
    282262_196859190442406_951835622_n.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 17
one living on my pepper plant,that got very protective of it....little sod even jumps at me.

And another one of those 'common garden' spiders rather lost....on a target Humber pig out on the AT range.

TonyView attachment 70977

Tony . Looks like yours is in the family way as well . I have one in my workshop that lives behind a French 120mm shell . It's the size of a Chevrolet & you can actually hear it moving about . I'll try to get a snap of it later for Allan.

This is Eric my German Shepherd he loves to eat those big house spiders that run across the living room carpet yum yum. Mick.

PICT2221.jpg

Hi All,look up camel spiders,we had them in Aden,(up country areas)you could actually hear them walking up the inside of the tent at night,body the size of your thumb and a leg span of about 8 inches,buggers had a real nasty bite as well,they would kill and eat a scorpion just for a snack,
Cheers,
Don,