What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

m-217 impact fuze

Stray

I came across a picture of a strange fuze a few years ago that I couldn't figure out how it worked, I was recently reading some design book, and came across the components of said fuze. This is the video of me trying to explain how it works to the best of my abilities. it is 25 mins long so you really have to geek out over fuzes to get through this video. Let me know if there are errors or if anyone knows where the main image I use originally came from so that I can give credit where credit is due. I hope this helps clear up this interesting and complicated fuze.
Documentation AMCP 706-240 lists this as a M-217 fuze, but in its reference links for one of the pictures it refers to a winter test for an impact fuze T1012 from september 1959. If there is a difference between the M-217 and this fuze unfortunately I can not tell you, as This is the cutaway that matches the documentation (and is identified as such in other AMCP manuals).

[video=youtube;M3En_2azPGQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3En_2azPGQ[/video]

Last edited: