What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M.D. I Instruction Leaflets

Special Light Camouflet Set

Special Light Camouflet Set

Attachments

• Cam -1.jpg
    Cam -1.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Cam -2.jpg
    Cam -2.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Cam -3.jpg
    Cam -3.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Contact Strip (Switch No 11)

Contact Strip (Switch No 11)

Attachments

• No 11 -1.jpg
    No 11 -1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 60
  • No 11 -2.jpg
    No 11 -2.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 56
  • No 11 -3.jpg
    No 11 -3.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Electric Adaptor

Electric Adaptor

If anyone else has any more of these leaflets, I would be really interested to see them.

Attachments

• EE -1.jpg
    EE -1.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 58
  • EE -2.jpg
    EE -2.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I have got the ST Grenade (Sticky Bomb or No74 Mk1) M.D. 1 Leaflet. I will see if I can find it and scan it.

My L delay Tins Instruction sheets, just looked for the one in my switches release and its missing from the tin, thanks Kent police or Royal Logistics Corps,,,,,, Dave.

20150626_215509.jpg

Hello Bonnex,
Is it possibleto have the scan of MD1 manuals on the Limpet MKII ??.
Thank you forthe quality of your post.
Barnabé

Hi Bonnex

Thanks for that - I wouldn't like to carry that lot far!

Probably a silly question, but what is the accessory pack in picture 3. Each Beehive obviously has three legs to achieve the correct stand-off distance, but I understand they can be "stacked" to enable penetration of thicker targets. Are these bits and bobs used for this purpose, or??? for underwater deployment?

Cheers

Switch

Hi Bonnex

Probably a silly question, but what is the accessory pack in picture 3. Each Beehive obviously has three legs to achieve the correct stand-off distance, but I understand they can be "stacked" to enable penetration of thicker targets. Are these bits and bobs used for this purpose, or??? for underwater deployment?

Cheers

Switch

Switch, to me picture 3 shows a storage box which holds four beehive charges - the one in the box has two beehives in a 'carrier' and outside the box are two beehive charges and the carrier shown separate. (no great knowledge on my part I'm afraid, the writing on the bits say 'carrier' so I assume it is just for transportation purposes???? ) - please correct me if I am wrong as the phrase comes to mind, 'better to look ignorant and say nothing, than to open your mouth and prove it!'

regards Kev

Hi Butterfly

Thanks for that - Should have looked at the picture in higher resolution! I think you are right!!

Cheers

Switch

Beehive is still in service today, packed individually in a W131 box, sporting original 1940s markings updated to todays spec.

Hi Bonnex

Cheers

Switch

Switch,

Apologies for the delay. Hopefully Kev has answered you question on the Carriers. I dont know whether the carriers provide any other function such as assisting with horizontal attack but maybe there is an Engineer/ Assault Pioneer watching who knows about such things. My only practical experience with these charges was on logistic disposal.

I believe underwater deployment needs maintenance of the air gap between the charge and the target but again maybe someone out there can comment.