What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

m1917 Grenade

Hi,

My opinion about this "body-traps";

Technically; this artilery igniter can be used in body of grenede.
But if this ever really done? We just never know, but...
This trick with grenade (body-trap) never fails twice - In war time, news about "new danger" are
quickly spread.

Regards.

It's in there

Hi wcKZ, Please read previous posts, paying particular attention to link of EJ's site (would like to quote from it, but may not do so without permission). It is all pretty well laid out in detail. Respectfully..Dano

Last edited:
Maybe I lost something, but all of you can see the igniter fitted in one of my M1917 eggs in the page 1 of this thread, also it screw without problems in the Kugels all models.

Booby trap

Thanks Miguel, You saved my bacon on that one, that's what I was trying to say but sometimes the words don't come easy. The igniter in question had previous purposes, but in the end was used as a booby trap igniter, without question. Always with respect....Dano (the one pictured below) and screwed into an m1913 kugel in next picture PS this has been long a controversy in German WW1 grenades, personally I see no such controversy..DK

Attachments

• Picture 211.jpg
    Picture 211.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Picture 212.jpg
    Picture 212.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 13
I think wz.KC want to say that If you dont show picture of grenade dug stright from the ground or some book about this "body-traps",you have no proof that germans was uesing this igniter.
It fets to eggs and kugels so it is possible but not for sure.

Last edited:
Ah, ok. The thing with this "trap device" is that I always have heard and have seen about it as we are talking about it. And always fitted with a Kugel or M17 egg. And not only from one place. You can see it in grenades from USA collector or here in Europe. It is very common to find it in our shows. The one pictured from my collection was bought to a Belgian collector 3 years go.