What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M1A1 Bazooka Rear Breach Guard Measurements needed

jeff w

I need to fabricate a rear breech guard for an M1/M1A1 2.36 rocket launcher. Does anybody have one they could measure?
I have one of the six tangs left which is 3/16" in diameter.
I need to know if the metal for the steel circular part (which attaches to the tangs) was also of the same thickness.
I also need to know the inside/outside diameter of the circular guard, somewhere between 3 and 4 inches I am guessing. Or the circumference of it (I haven't used Pi in a while!).
A Laurel and Hardy handshake to anyone who can help me out.

The wire guard is also made of 3/16" diameter stock. It is rolled into a circle that has a 4" outside diameter. All 6 of the wire supports are identical so you should have a good sample for that. Leaving for SLICS in a few hours but can supply photos if needed when I return next week.

Rick

You need to get the angles right on the supports to make it look right.

You need to get the angles right on the supports to make it look right.

If the original part he has is the full length and not cutoff and he centers the ring guard on the breech, the angle of the supports will be automatic.
Bill

I found a bazooka ring i made for a project that needs finishing I will get up some pictures.