What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M24 Adapters--Real or Fake??

Kilroy was Here

Hi, I bought two of these adapters about 3-4 months ago. One was a 44 date, and this one 43 date. I have shown these to other collectors, and some think they are repro, and some do not.

I am not sure if these are repro of fake. To me, it looks original Mfg. I also have read and heard that the aluminum adapters were the only ones that were marked. Lex shows a few on his site, and says this I believe.

I sold the 44 date adapter and kept this 43 date adapter. The font of the dates looks to be correct. It has a WaA 135, which to me looks correct also for a nazi ord. waffenampt. The adapter also looks to have some age to it.

What do you think?? Any more info or fake alerts of adapters that look perfect? (at least to me) If fake, it's a damn near perfect one.

Regards, Steve

Attachments

• PB110014.jpg
    PB110014.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 43
  • PB110016.jpg
    PB110016.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 41
  • PB110017.jpg
    PB110017.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 51
  • PB110019.jpg
    PB110019.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 48
  • P8140003.jpg
    P8140003.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 58
Hi Steve , It looks ok when compaired to one of the repro ones i have here, but my repro one has a rebate on the underside, so that when you screw it onto the can, the threaded part of the can fit up into this rebate making a tight snug fit rather than the the adaptor just sitting flush to the top of the threaded riser part of the can,,,,i'll take some piccs and post ,,as quite hard to understand,,,
how much did you pay for them ? Regards Nick

Last edited:
Hi Steve , It looks ok when compaired to one of the repro ones i have here, but my repro one has a rebate on the underside, so that when you screw it onto the can, the threaded part of the can fit up into this rebate making a tight snug fit rather than the the adaptor just sitting flush to the top of the threaded riser part of the can,,,,i'll take some piccs and post ,,as quite hard to understand,,,
how much did you pay for them ? Regards Nick

Hi Nick, Great, thanks for posting a pic of your fake example, and your information.

Yes, much different looking. Are ALL the repro's of this type of manufacture, or are there others you have heard about, or seen?
I will dig out the pic of the 44 date one I sold. I did not pay much for both them, less than $100. I have a good eye for old orig stuff, but with these aluminum material items, it is a little tricky.

They look OK to me also, but....I have had 2 fairly knowledgeable collectors say they are repro.

Regards, Steve