What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M24 Rack Restoration,

jeeeensy

Another restore but on a M24 rack this time,

Here are the before and after piccs together for comaprison.

Cheers Nick ,,

Attachments

• Picture 050.jpg
    Picture 050.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 27
  • P2010065.jpg
    P2010065.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 19
  • P2010064.jpg
    P2010064.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
mmm! original paint still present buddy. You gonna full re-strip or sympathetic restore?

cheers

waffy

Hi Nick,
I'm interested to know the technique you used to get such good results.........very nice, well done!!

regards Kev

Hi Nick,
I'm interested to know the technique you used to get such good results.........very nice, well done!!

regards Kev

Hi Kev on this one it was a mix of oxalic acid and warm water,,,and gentle work with several types of brush,

Nylon bristle brush
Soft Brass brush like a spark plug cleaner brush but soft.

you will need to change to acid bath several times. but do not work the item to hard ,, just slow and carefull with nylon then brass for more stuborn rust amd then nylon , and so on .
then you must neutralise the acid with detergent in wam water can use borax but i think it is a bit agressinve :(
THe key part is to be patient.. very parient or you will wreck the item you are trying to save. trust me done that a few times :(((

on this particular rack i laquered it with engine laquer to see what it came out like,, need to take the shine of it though,, that will be later this week, and will post those piccs when done.

here are sone more racks that are half way cleaned and restored,, so much to do ,,so little time :(

Attachments

• Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 17
  • P2030083.jpg
    P2030083.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 27
Some very nice racks in that photo Nick.

Thanks for the info on the technique you use, the results sure are good.

kind regards Kev