What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M24 Real or Fake ?

I have got one of these and they look good for display, one other thing I noticed was the smoke emission holes are drilled and rough rather than punched out by machine. Tony.

I have been offered one of these.... what is your opinion of this one...

IMG_9759.jpg

IMG_9760.jpg

IMG_9769.jpg

The green head is a repro....

IMG_9790.jpg

All of these training grenades which I have seen have been marked RR ( first R reversed ) + number and then the handle should have same marking. Otherwise this looks quite good, does the pot have same marking as handle?
The threaded connector on handle of training grenade is made of thicker metal than ordinary M24.

Jeeeensy, has that M39 smoke been artificially rusted and knocked about a bit to make it look older?

Hi Falcon I bought it like this about two years ago, ,,, this was the grenade i bought and still look at every time i bid in auction
a right lemon :( , I can not be sure if it was intentional " knocked about " or just where it may have had a harsh upbringing ;)

Best Regards
Nick

m24

heres some pics of my M24. One of the first grenades i bought.
its a bit scratched as in my foolish younger years i added a frag sleeve to it and the putting on and taking of have taken its toll on the paint:tinysmile_angry2_t:
I know better now:tinysmile_grin_t:
Paul.

Attachments

• M24 1.jpg
    M24 1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 124
  • M24 2.jpg
    M24 2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 146
  • M24 3.jpg
    M24 3.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 156
  • M24 4.jpg
    M24 4.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 143
  • M24 5.jpg
    M24 5.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 145
I thought that you have read the entire thread you started asking for the cap. You can subscribe to the threads for receive and email telling you that another post has been posted on.

Last edited:
All of these training grenades which I have seen have been marked RR ( first R reversed ) + number and then the handle should have same marking. Otherwise this looks quite good, does the pot have same marking as handle?
The threaded connector on handle of training grenade is made of thicker metal than ordinary M24.

No markings on the Pot that are readable...
Has a WaA65 on it and a swastika stamped just to the right of the 41brb
Here are a couple of more pics...

IMG_9772.jpg

IMG_9775.jpg

Yes, but not always there are maker marks on the pot/head. This grenade is totally original, only the end cap is wrong. I repeat: if you dont want it pass me the offer. :top:

Very nice,, but of course it's a replica :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Kidding, it is about as genuine as it gets, it would look good
on display next my early version with the illusive belt hook :bigsmile:

Attachments

• DSCF0435.JPG
    DSCF0435.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF0429.jpg
    DSCF0429.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF0433.jpg
    DSCF0433.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF0432.jpg
    DSCF0432.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 102
hello all,
Yes please, show us your fakes. Us inexperienced members would be pleased to learn what to look for. This could be very useful for us who find it difficult to check out originals, or don't have the money to spend on them.
When I started collecting I foolishly bought many items which turned out to be replicas. Thanks to everyone who can show us what to look out for.
We all learn something everytime we access this great site. I'm sure a lot of us collectors could benefit from a 'sticky' regarding this?, or perhaps a new thread dedicated to spotting fakes. Does anyone agree?
cheers,
navyman.

Yes, please. That would be great because many of us didnt know that a section of fakes already exists as a sub forum.