What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M24 Stick grenade

cornman

Hi, I have a M24 grenade stick with these markings.
Can someone tell me if this is a real WW2 stick, or is it a repro?

Regards, Cornman

Attachments

• DSC00496.JPG
    DSC00496.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 79
M24 Stiel

Hello cornman,

by the only picture provided I would say it is a repro - the stampings are not convincing and look like on a few fakes I saw in the past.
Some more good pictures of the extremities would give additional help to be sure. (screw end-cap and connection-piece for the head),

Thanks in advance for a few close-ups.

CSch.

Hi,, there are known fakes with markings very close to this,,and there are originals with this stamp, on the fakes the waff stamp is very poor,,,and the font is different, This
i would say its good but some better images, top collar area and bottom threads please would help clarify 100%

Regards Nick

Here some more pics of the stick. The top seems to be replaced and I don`t think it was originaly from this stick. On the bottom are traces of glue, but also 4 `crimping` impressions from the bottom threads. If more pics are needed, let me know!

Regards, Cornman

Attachments

• DSC03738.JPG
    DSC03738.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC03742.JPG
    DSC03742.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC03745.jpg
    DSC03745.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC03746.JPG
    DSC03746.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC03748.jpg
    DSC03748.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 55
far as i know,some of the later ones used crimping to fix the neck so this could explain the dimples from the metal.

Glue could have been used by an owner as some parts could have come loose with age.

Maybe you have real parts on a repro stick that have been glued?

You really need to compare it with an original and start from there.
Do you have a museum near you that can give you access to a piece for research?

18pounder

Close call,,,,,,,if you look at the bottom thread area you will see the little slot that the base thread fits into, most cheapo repro handles i have seen don't have this, the bottom thread just sits snug to the wider part of the handle and does not fit up into the wood. But saying that some very good copies do, depends on how far the manufacturer want to go with the reproduction i gues. It does show traces of glue so it has been worked. if the top collar comes of a picc of the under neath would be good. do you have any other info on where it cam from ?

Regards , Nick

+++

Make a picture of the inside part of the connection sleeve (I see no screws there...).

Last edited:
I managed to remove the top collar, so here are two pics of the top of the stick.

Regards, Cornman

Attachments

• DSC03749.jpg
    DSC03749.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC03750.JPG
    DSC03750.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 24
Hello:
A little late for give my opinion, but I agree 100% original handle. You need a crimped top connector for complet more the handle, as in 1943 no screwed collars were used.