What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M24 Sticks

jeeeensy

Completed a few handles today,, these were just bare sticks from a friend
I bought them over the last couple of months so one or 2 will look familiar,

will pair up with delay tubes, sprengkapsel and cords over the weekend, then find nice cans for them,, easier said than done these days :sad:

Regards Nick

Attachments

• P1000656.jpg
    P1000656.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 57
  • P1000658.jpg
    P1000658.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 42
  • P1000659.jpg
    P1000659.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 39
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
you probably got them all already mate ... whats the handles with grooves turned in them for ??

I might be wrong, but I think the grooved handles are for the smoke grenade version of the M24.

Mikhail

Hi yes they are for m39 Nebel smoke grenades,
yup Allan i have a few cans but not nice enough for these sticks :)

regards Nick ,,

Looking good so far Nick, cant wait to see them all completed.

Good luck in your search for the cans for the top, looking at the sticks they'll have to be pretty good ones!!!!!!!!

regards Kev

Looking good so far Nick, cant wait to see them all completed.

Good luck in your search for the cans for the top, looking at the sticks they'll have to be pretty good ones!!!!!!!!

Hi Kev...thanks Kev,, i'll be going to go through my spare can stash and see what is lurking in there, i know i have some water finds but not sure how nice they are though.. it was a long time ago when i bought
them,, but will be on the case tomorrow,,,,

This is one i rebuilt a few years ago, the handle was a recent buy and near mint so it kinda looks ok with the repainted can, at worst case i'll restore some of the really rusty cans to use on then, these are the cans that are beyond
cleaning as leave as cleaned items and still look nice, they are all rust ,,no paint left on them and holey :)

regards nick ,,

Attachments

• P1000660.jpg
    P1000660.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 26
  • P1000661.jpg
    P1000661.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 20
Last edited: