What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M36 Cutaway Resto

MG34NZ

Hi Guys, Heres one I recently compleated ,mills M36 Cutaway.
The body was picked up on a local auction site stripped of all internals so I searched high and low for replacements and managed to get a centre tube,base plug and filler screw. The pin and ring are new from a BOCN member (Thanks Andy)
The striker I made and the lever is one of a batch I had made from cad drawings supplied by another helpfull BOCN member (thanks Bloome).

As a matter of interest its a local (New Zealand) manufactured grenade made by Mason and Porter which is currently knowen as Masport, famous nowdays for making Lawnmowers!

Also added pic of a page in my grandfathers WWII service record showing he compleated the course on smallarms and Hand Grenades....its in the blood:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Regards
MG34NZ

Attachments

• 31d9.jpg
    31d9.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 25
  • e876.jpg
    e876.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 6527.jpg
    6527.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Thanks Andrew, was hoping you were going to show this one after hearing about it in your message. Great job, she's a winner....Dano

Hi MG34NZ,
You have done a cracking job on that it looks great...! Thanks for showing it to us.
Best regards Weasel.