What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M67 A/1 Fuze year & 90mm projectile HE colours & Stencils

hicky1300

Hi All
Apologies for two questions in one post!
Firstly-Recently acquired an unfired 90mm projectile with an M67 A/1 Fuze attached
Fuze is stamped F.A-4-93. (Frankford Arsena)
Wondered if anyone can tell me the year? Is the 93 the year or the lot number?

Secondly the projectile is pitted all over so unable to make out year etc on it.
I am having a go at my first restoration so would like to know stencil size & info required & is olive drab the correct colour with yellow stencilling?

This all came in a modern DM made 90mm case but I think it is an earlier (poss WWII?) projectile in the case.

Thanks in advance

Apologies - just done the search as I had almost the same a while ago 1 all the info regarding the colours 1 stencilling is there 1 that this may not be the correct fuze?
Would still like clarification on the age though please
The drive band is asolid flat one not groved like the &'( oney

You know what would really help this thread out and maybe get some replies would be PHOTOS!

Haz - I did not think a pic of the marking F.A - 4 - 93 would be that critical??!!
I realise pics are more than helpfull but in this case; bsides not being able to add, any did not feel that they were required?
The proj is an M71 90mm. The Fuze is an MT67 - and besides my momentary lapse of recall/stupidity - I have the stencil info etc. and further to that earlier post as I understand it the fuze is the correct one for the 90mm in its AA role.
All I need is the year/age of the fuze

I wasn't talking about photos of the lettering. I was talking about photos of the projectile, case headstamp, etc.. There is a thread here on BOCN somewhere that says "No photos no replies"

But the main reason I asked for photos was because your first posts have confusing info. You hadn't mentioned that the projectile was of the M71 variety, so you were asking for a paint scheme on something not identified. The photo was to identify the projectile because M71 projectiles do not have smooth rotating bands, they are grooved like any other U.S. band on Gun projectiles larger than 75mm. In addition your mention of a DM case is confusing because DM is usually German postwar material and a German case would not normally go with a M71 projo, unless it was German Manufactured for use by their forces. In that case you would want a German paint scheme.

There are 4 paint combinations for that projectile that I know of: Yellow body with black lettering for 1942 and earlier for HE load. OD green body with yellow lettering for Post 1942 HE load. Blue with white lettering for Practice, and OD green with white lettering for practice. Using a fuze to date a projectile isn't really safe, because fuzes can be changed out and newer fuzes can be installed on older projectiles.

As to the age of your fuze, were there any dates stamped on the body or components of the Booster? And yes, boosters can be changed out just like fuzes.

Last edited: