What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M9 heat

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
does anyone have a M9 US HEAT Grenade they can take pictures of and post it? I am looking for the one with the flat looking nose not the round warhead version.

Joe

Joe, here is a picture of my M9 HEAT and the original shipping container.

Attachments

• M9 HEAT.jpg
    M9 HEAT.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 128
M9 internal drawings

Hello,

should someone have internal drawings or better a cutaway of this model of M9 ?

Yoda

Hi. That’s a fantastic example of a very hard to find piece. I have the head of one that was found in the Guadalcanal area. I would like to make up a top for it and improve it's displayability. Would you mind adding closer photo of it looking down on the top cover? Thanks

Additional photos of the M9 HEAT, for those who asked. The shipping can has no markings but I believe it to be original to the Grenade.

Attachments

• M9 001.jpg
    M9 001.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 65
  • M9 002.jpg
    M9 002.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 64
  • M9 003.jpg
    M9 003.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 59
  • M9 004.jpg
    M9 004.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 70
  • M9 005.jpg
    M9 005.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 62

Hey MA012,

Thanks for posting the M9 Pics, I immediately thought of your example when I first read this request for photos!

See you soon,

Frank

Last edited:
Here's a drawing :tinysmile_grin_t:

Attachments

• M9.jpg
    M9.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 67
Hi. Thanks for the great pic's and information. Is "D.O." the manufacturers code? If so, does anybody know who they were? Cheers

Hi Yoda.
The black one shown on the website is a practice version of the yellow M9. It is inert and can be re used many times.
Paul.

Okaayyyy for black M11. Can you confirm that the M9 flat nose (I call it so!) was a training grenade and not a "war" grenade ?

Yoda

Hi yoda.
It was definately a live "WAR" grenade. but only used for a few years before the M9A1 took its place. The nose fuze interfered with the shaped charge jet so they changed the gren to a base fuze on the A1.
Cheers, Paul.